Voting is now open for your next UM Board of Governors alumni representative
5 reasons why you should cast your vote
The time has come to choose your next Board of Governors representative. Voting is now open, and all alumni are eligible and encouraged to participate in the process.
Here are five reasons why you should take a moment to vote:
1. Make your voice heard. Alumni like you have a unique perspective on UM and its role in our world. This is your chance to vote for a fellow grad who will represent you.
2. Support your fellow alumni. This year, there are three accomplished graduates vying for the position:
- Robert Michon [BSc(Hons)/78] – “As a member of the Board of Governors, I hope to bring my engagement and contribution to another level. I am committed to bringing my enthusiasm, my experience, and my knowledge to bear on the many challenges facing our University in the coming years.”
- Shreeraj Patel [BComm(Hons)/02] – “I pride myself on being a passionate, progressive and inclusive leader, and this is reflected in my personal views of the UM alumni community. I feel that the University of Manitoba’s professors and thought leaders were critical in helping guide, develop and inspire me, and that the opportunity to help influence the direction of the University would be a great privilege.”
- Dr. Brenna Shearer [BMR(OT)/86] – “As an active and engaged Board Director for current and past non-profit boards, I can share my experience and skills to support EDI, board development and growth and will help the UM fulfill its mission, vision, values, and strategic priorities. Much of my career has been dedicated to public service, and I look forward to using my skills to further the mission of the UM.”
3. Vote anytime, anywhere, online. Once again, this year’s election is fully digital, making it quick and easy to cast your vote whenever and wherever you are around the globe.
4. Help define UM’s future. UM has experienced incredible change and growth over the past few years: from higher enrolment to digital innovations in teaching, learning and research. This is an exciting time to help define the future of your alma mater.
5. Make a difference in the lives of students and the community. As a former student and current grad, you know the impact UM can have on campus and beyond. That’s why it’s important for alumni to have a voice in UM governance.
To make your choice and cast your vote, visit the Board of Governors election page before the deadline of May 12, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. CT.