Redesigned Graduate Teaching Program opens for registration January 23, 2024
The new GTP offers a comprehensive journey for aspiring educators, with modules to provide participants with foundational knowledge, skills, and values crucial for meaningful teaching in higher education.
Are you a graduate student wanting to learn the foundations of teaching and learning in Canada? The Centre for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning’s Graduate Teaching Program (GTP) allows you to do just that! The program is online and primarily asynchronous so that you can learn about teaching at your own pace.
Who is the Graduate Teaching Program for?
This program is meant for graduate students who are new to teaching or new to teaching in Canada, and who are looking to develop a good foundation of teaching knowledge and practices.
Key features of the program:
- Fully online (primarily asynchronous with a few synchronous sessions in a few elective modules to consolidate your learning)
- Flexible for you as you balance all your commitments
- Completion can be done in less than a year
- Wide range of foundational teaching and learning topics
- Practical, relevant, and current pedagogically-sound teaching ideas
- Digital badges are awarded for completing each module
- Capstone project where you can identify the learning that is most important to you and your goals
- Certificate option