Nominations closing soon for the 2015 Distinguished Alumni Awards
Awards celebrate University of Manitoba innovators, trailblazers and visionaries
The deadline is approaching for nominations for the University of Manitoba Distinguished Alumni Awards.
The Awards recognize University of Manitoba graduates who have achieved outstanding accomplishments in their professional and personal lives, and who have been an inspiration to fellow alumni, current students and the community.
The Alumni Association and the University have a long history of celebrating the trailblazing accomplishments of alumni. The University of Manitoba Distinguished Alumni Awards celebrate the outstanding achievements and significant contributions of alumni in the following categories:
- Distinguished Alumni Award for Lifetime Achievement, recognizing graduates who are distinguished in their career and in their contributions to society
- Distinguished Alumni Award for Professional Achievement, recognizing graduates who have demonstrated outstanding accomplishments in their field of endeavour
- Distinguished Alumni Award for Community Service, recognizing graduates who have significantly contributed to their community at home or abroad, and have made a difference to the well-being of others
- Distinguished Alumni Award for Service to the University of Manitoba, recognizing graduates who have demonstrated superior leadership and service to the University of Manitoba
- Distinguished Alumni Award for Outstanding Young Alumni, recognizing graduates who have made inspiring achievements in their field of endeavor and who are 35 or under at the close of nominations
Last year’s recipients were: David Matas [BA/1964], Scott Cairns [BSc(Maj)/2001], Bruce Miller [BRS/1999], John Bockstael [BSc(CE)/1980] and Chau Pham [BSc/2000, MD/2005, MBA/2013].
Nominations close November 18, 2014 and the awards will be presented at the Distinguished Alumni Awards Celebration of Excellence on May 12, 2015.