Winter Registration – What to know about the Add/Drop deadline
Winter term has begun, but there is still time to make changes to your course registration.
The Registration Revision Period is the first two weeks of classes in the Winter Term, where you can make changes to your course registration without an academic or financial penalty.
The last day to DROP a course for Winter Term and Winter/Summer term is JANUARY 19.
- Please note: If you are on a waitlist for a course that you no longer wish to take, ensure you remove yourself from the waitlist before the Last day to DROP to allow the next student on the list to be notified.
The last day to ADD a course for Winter Term and Winter/Summer term is JANUARY 22.
what does this mean to you?
- If you DROP a course after JANUARY 22, there is no refund if you decide to drop it. You will have to pay for it. You will still be able to Voluntarily Withdraw (VW).
- Students who do not drop their courses by January 19th will be required to pay the full tuition and fees for all courses in which they remain registered even if they do not attend classes. If you are not attending UM this term, you must drop your courses. For more information on cancelling your registration, please see our Cancelling your Registration page.
- Once the last day to add a course has passed, you will automatically be removed from the waitlist if a spot was not made available to you. Students who are still on waitlists will automatically be removed after January 23rd Please do not remove yourself from the waitlist once the revision period has ended.
- If you need to update your residency status, ensure that you submit your documentation prior to January 19thin order to be eligible for a fee adjustment.