Get Hired! Week of October 3, 2022
Check back for job opportunities and tips week-to-week.
Are you looking for work, trying to get that first job, or want to gain experience in your field of study? You won’t want to miss the weekly edition of Get Hired, by Career Services!
Get access to timely updates on what is happening in the job market and the inside scoop from UM’s Career Services. Each week we will share some key employment opportunities along with information on labour market trends or an employer tip.
- The Manitoba Children’s Museum is looking for an Admissions Attendant. Deadline is October 5th.
- YMCA-YMCA of Winnipeg has the following opportunities: Child Care Assistants, Youth Leadership Development Staff, and Children’s Health and Fitness Program Coordinator. Deadline for all is October 14th.
- The Juno Beach Centre, a Canadian museum on the grounds of Normandy in France, is seeking applications for Guides. Must have knowledge of WW2 and understand English and French. Deadline is October 18th.
- Level Up (remote paid internships) is accepting applications for the upcoming academic year. Get paid to work on projects of your interest. Apply today!
- True North Entertainment needs Guest Experience Event Staff. Guest experience Event Supervisors, and Housekeeping Attendants.
- Metis Child, Family, and Community Services seeks Support and Youth Care Workers. Recruitment is ongoing.
- Louis Riel Institute needs a River Lots Cartographer. Position open until a candidate is found.
- Turning Leaf Support Services is looking for Community Support Workers. Recruitment is ongoing.
There are NEW openings for part-time positions available on UM Connect within the Job Postings tab! Check out the Student Office Assistant (#59232) with the Faculty of Arts!
Check out UMCareers for additional Full-time and Part-time openings, including for additional Grader/Marker and Teaching Assistant positions for the Fall 2022 semester.
** UM Students: to access opportunities on UM Connect make sure you are logged into your account to follow the links to postings directly! Please note that UM alumni are also able to create an account to access these postings. **
- Marymound needs a Youth Care Practitioner. Deadline is October 6th.
- The Manitoba Children’s Museum is looking for a Museum Services Manager. Deadline is October 7th.
- Red River College is seeking a Work-Integrated Learning Coordinator. Deadline is October 7th.
- Manitoba Metis Federation is looking for a Financial Administrator. Deadline is October 10th.
- Dasmesh School Winnipeg needs a Curriculum Developer. Deadline is October 13th.
- Harvest Manitoba is filling multiple positions, including an Agency Food Relations Associate, Marketing & Communications Manager, and much more.
- 1JustCity is seeking an Indigenous Cultural Programmer. Available to Indigenous applicants only. Position open until filled.
- The Manitoba Inuit Association is hiring Researchers for data collection on Missing Inuit Children of Residential Schools. Position open until filled.
- The Government of Canada is hiring Early Resolution Officers. Recruitment is ongoing; apply today!
- Manitoba Public Insurance needs a Candidate Attraction & Engagement Consultant. Position open until filled.
** UM Students: to access opportunities on CareerConnect make sure you are logged into your account to follow the links to postings directly! Please note that UM alumni are also able to create an account to access these postings. **
Career Fairs, Information Sessions and Conferences
Career Fairs, Information Sessions and Conferences provide an excellent way for you to learn more about your field, to network and to find the opportunities available in it. Employers attend career fairs and trade show booths to inform students of future opportunities as well as look for talented students/graduates for current positions. Check out these upcoming events!
- The University of Manitoba’s ASE Career Fair will be taking place on October 4th, 2022, from 2:30 to 6:30 PM in the Multipurpose Room (UMSU University Centre).
- St. Vital Centre’s Annual Job Fair is happening October 6th from 2 – 7 PM. Bring your resume for on-site interviews to be hired for full- and part-time and seasonal positions.
- Morgan Stanley’s Code to Give Hackathon will be held virtually on November 3rd to 7th. Software enthusiasts and developers are encouraged to attend! Register by October 7th.
- Lime Network is hosting their virtual reception for Canadian students with disabilities on November 25th from 5:30 – 7:30 PM EST. Applications open October 21st.
- Manitoba Agronomists’ Conference (MAC) will take place in-person on December 14th and 15th. Registration will open mid-October.
Need support navigating your job search efforts? Career Services not only has access to available jobs, but it also offers a variety of services to help you get the knowledge and skills you need to get that job, as well. Whether you are looking for experiential learning, part-time, summer, or full-time employment upon graduation, we are here to assist you. To help you excel in your skills, we offer workshops on resumés and cover letters, creating a LinkedIn profile, mentoring, job searches, and interview preparation. Check out the Student Affairs Event Calendar and register today!
Do you have questions about anything specific? We would love to answer your job search questions! Questions can be forwarded to cs [dot] receptionist [at] umanitoba [dot] ca.