Get Hired! Week of June 27, 2022
Check back for job opportunities and tips week-to-week.
Are you looking for work, trying to get that first job, or want to gain experience in your field of study? You won’t want to miss the weekly edition of Get Hired, by Career Services!
Get access to timely updates on what is happening in the job market and the inside scoop from UM’s Career Services. Each week we will share some key employment opportunities along with information on labour market trends or an employer tip.
Summer and Part-time
- Canadian Blood Services is seeking a temporary part-time Donor Care Associate to join the clinic team in Winnipeg. Deadline is June 29th.
- The University of Manitoba’s Health and Wellness Office is hiring a Program Assistant for the 2022/2023 academic year. Deadline is June 30th.
- Think Shift is hiring a summer term Accounting Coordinator (remote position). Medical, dental, and vision benefits packages included. Apply via company website. Deadline is June 30th.
- Gaining Resources Our Way (GROW) is fulfilling the position of Supported Independent Living Facilitator. Deadline is June 30th.
- YMCA-YMCA of Winnipeg is seeking a Child Care Assistant at the Linden Meadows School Age Child Care Centre. Deadline is July 4th.
- The University of Winnipeg Students’ Association is looking for a Digital Marketing Assistant for the 2022/2023 academic year. Deadline for applications is July 5th by 4:00 PM.
- St. Amant Centre is seeking various Resident Assistants. Previous experience supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities is an asset. Recruitment is ongoing; apply now.
- Canad Inns has various part-time positions available within Winnipeg, including Guest Service Agents and Room Attendants. Apply now!
- Career Trek has summer positions, including a Team Mentor and Program Assistants. Check out their website for full details.
- There are 17 openings for summer positions available on CareerConnect within the Job Postings tab! Check out the Marketing Summer Student position (#57213) with BSI Insurance Brokers in St. Norbert, Manitoba!
** UM Students: to access opportunities on CareerConnect, make sure you are logged into your account to follow the links to postings directly! Please note that UM alumni are also able to create an account to access these postings. **
- The Government of Manitoba is seeking a Scheduling Clerk (#39429) at the Milner Ridge Correctional Centre in Beausejour, Manitoba. Deadline is June 30th.
- YMCA-YMCA of Winnipeg is recruiting for a Membership Sales & Experience Training Team Lead at the Administration Branch in Winnipeg. Deadline is July 8th.
- Willow Place is fulfilling two positions of a Shelter Support Worker and Family Violence Counsellor. Entry-level candidates are encouraged to apply today!
- Career Trek has two full-time positions: an Education Savings & Financial Literacy Coordinator and a Youth Initiatives Coordinator. Apply as soon as possible!
- Bunge is looking for a full-time Engineering co-op student in Altona, Manitoba. Those pursuing Chemical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering are strongly encouraged to apply via company website.
** UM Students: to access opportunities on CareerConnect make sure you are logged into your account to follow the links to postings directly! Please note that UM alumni are also able to create an account to access these postings. **
Career Fairs, Information Sessions and Conferences
Career Fairs, Information Sessions and Conferences provide an excellent way for you to learn more about your field, to network and to find the opportunities available in it. Employers attend career fairs and trade show booths to inform students of future opportunities as well as look for talented students/graduates for current positions. Check out these upcoming events!
- Canada Border Services Agency is holding a National Officer Recruitment Program for those interesting in working for the Federal Government. Deadline is July 4th by 11:59 PT.
- The University of Manitoba’s Student Leadership Workshop Development Series is being held from June 27th to July 8th. Register for a workshop now!
- The Winnipeg Career Fair and Training Expo will take place on Wednesday, July 6th from 10 AM – 2 PM at the RBC Convention Centre. For registration information and further details, visit their website.
- The Healthcare (PSW, RPN, RN) Virtual Career Fair will be taking place on August 11th from 1—4 PM. Registration not required.
Need support navigating your job search efforts? Career Services not only has access to available jobs, but it also offers a variety of services to help you get the knowledge and skills you need to get that job, as well. Whether you are looking for experiential learning, part time, summer, or full-time employment upon graduation, we are here to assist you. To help you excel on your skills, we offer workshops on resumés and cover letters, creating a LinkedIn profile, mentoring, job searches, and interview preparation. Check out the Student Affairs Event Calendar and register today!
Do you have questions about anything specific? We would love to answer your job search questions! Questions can be forwarded to cs [dot] receptionist [at] umanitoba [dot] ca.