Staff and students find new Academic Calendar platform easy and user-friendly
Final, comprehensive version of the calendar launches June 30
At the beginning of May, the 2021-22 Academic Calendar was released on a new platform, providing students, staff and faculty with a new and improved digital experience. As the final, comprehensive version of the calendar launches today, June 30, here’s a look at what people are saying about it:
Jennifer Riddell, Student Systems and Timetabling Specialist
Faculty of Arts
- I like how user-friendly and easy it is to navigate.
- I like how the course descriptions are laid out and include the prerequisites, equivalent,
- I like that when you click on a course number, the course description opens in a smaller window so you can quickly view the description, prerequisites etc.
- I like how easy it is to make program edits and updates (especially with the program charts— having all the courses listed and adding them to a chart is really helpful.)
- I like how my edits are saved and won’t be published until I submit a workflow.
Student, Faculty of Arts
- I love how easy it is to find information you’re looking for because the layout is simplified.
- I like that clicking a title of a course pops up the course info without re-directing you to a different page.
- Headers and titles make it easy to find what you’re looking for.
- It’s quick and easy to navigate unlike a physical book or PDF.
- It’s user-friendly and I think anyone could navigate this easily
Taylor Friesen, Student Services Supervisor
Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences
The new calendar is amazing. I like:
- How you can look up all the undergraduate course descriptions by letter and subject.
- The organization/structure— it’s easy to navigate. I like that our degree requirements and progression pages are separate, the pages aren’t as long and I think a student is more likely to read through 2 shorter pages than 1 big long one.
- How simple it is to update. From an admin perspective, editing tables is so straight forward and there is no way (I’ve noticed yet) to mess up the formatting.
- How much quicker the site is to load.
- The look of it! It is clean, easy to read and understand.