Need academic English support? Enroll in part-time Academic English Courses
Adjusting to the demands of university can be difficult. Reading academic articles, writing well-organized essays, participating in class discussions and giving dynamic presentations are just some of the challenges students face in their academic life. Adjusting to a new culture can also present its own unique difficulties. If English isn’t your first language, such challenges can feel a bit overwhelming.
The English Language Centre offers Part-Time Academic English Courses (PTAEC) to students whose first language is not English. The PTAEC are affordable, non-credit language courses which support students by providing them with the tools and strategies they need to master academic English language skills.]
Five reasons to enroll in Part-Time Academic English Courses:
- Convenient: Fall PTAEC courses are delivered in-person and remotely.
- Class size: 10-15 students per class provides lots of one-on-one interaction with your instructor and classmates.
- Interactive: All courses are live and facilitated by highly experienced English language experts.
- Affordable: only $150 per 30-hour course. This equals $5 an hour!
- Fun: Meet other students and practice your English in a supportive environment!
Fall PTAEC courses begin the week of September 19th. Enroll now to guarantee your spot in the course(s) you want. For more information, course descriptions and course schedule, visit us at: umanitoba.ca/elc/parttime