Mental health supports accessible over the winter break
This has been a year full of unexpected challenges, and we hope that the winter break will provide everyone with a chance to relax and rejuvenate. Now, more than ever, we need to prioritize our mental health and wellness in order to maintain our resilience.
While the University will be closed over the winter break, if you are in need of supports or resources, there are a variety of mental health and wellbeing supports accessible to students, faculty and staff throughout the break.
The Academic advising, Student Counselling Centre, Student Advocacy and Case Management, Student Services at Bannatyne Campus, Spiritual Care and other services will be closed over the winter break from Dec. 24 until Jan. 4 inclusive, with telephone or email appointments and online services resuming on Jan. 5. Students who require urgent personal assistance during the holiday break can access the alternative resources listed on the Student Counselling Centre’s webpage.
Need Food? Contact Harvest Manitoba at 204-982-3660 (in Winnipeg) or 1-800-970-5559 (outside Winnipeg).
Faculty and Staff Supports
Human Resources, Occupational Health & Safety and Human Rights and Conflict Management will be closed over the holiday break from Dec. 24 until Jan. 4 inclusive, with telephone or email appointments and online services resuming on Jan. 5. Staff and faculty who require urgent support during the winter break can access the following resources:
- Emergency: 911
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (1-800-387-4765)
- Klinic Crisis Line(204-786-8686)
- Crisis Response Centre at 817 Bannatyne Ave (204-940-1781)
- Mobile Crisis Service(204-940-1781)
- First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Services(1-855-242-3310 or chat online at www.hopeforwellness.ca)
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line (1-888-292-7565)
- Addictions Foundation of Manitoba(204-944-6200)
- Province of Manitoba | Mental Health Virtual Therapy Program
- Emergency Food Support: Winnipeg Harvest (204-982-3660 or 1-800-970-5559)
- Additional mental health resources: Mental Health Resource Guide