Visionary (re)Generation: Community engagement opportunities
Community engagement with students, faculty, staff, administration, and neighbourhood stakeholders has been a crucial part of Visionary (re)Generation from the early pre-competition days up to now. Engagement and consultation with stakeholders is vital to creating a successful campus master plan, and there are plenty of opportunities to be involved in the process.
Community Engagement Fair on Campus Planning & Design
Come help envision the future of the campus, see the progress that’s been made so far and provide your input.
March 26: Noon-4 p.m. and 7 -9 p.m
March 27: 10 a.m.- 2 p.m.
210 University Centre (Killarney Room), University of Manitoba, Fort Garry Campus
Public event – All are welcome
- Small group discussions with stakeholder groups to encourage dialogue on campus planning issues and concerns. These conversations offer an opportunity for participants to provide their input into the process and to discuss the progress of the planning and design process.
- The Campus Planning Office extends an open invitation to any group wishing to hold a community conversation and discuss the planning process in more detail. If you are interested, please contact Jonathan Hildebrand at the Campus Planning Office (jonathan [dot] hildebrand [at] umanitoba [dot] ca).
- Several events will be held at key junctures in the process over the next year. These include:
– A ‘community engagement fair’ – a large open house-style event offering several exercises and activities designed to encourage feedback on planning and design issues for the campus.
– An interactive open house to present an update on the planning and design process and report back on the engagement input received up to that point.
– Final open houses to present the final version of the plan.
- Once event dates are confirmed they will be posted to the Visionary (re)Generation website and publicized widely. Stay tuned for updates!
- The Visionary (re)Generation website includes an online feedback tool where you can enter any comments, questions, and concerns you may have. These will be forwarded to the Campus Planning Office and to the consultant team.
- The Campus Planning Office holds a regular ‘Neighbourhood Network’ meeting with residents from the surrounding neighbourhoods. For more information, or if you would like to attend, please contact Lori Kroeger at the Campus Planning Office (lori [dot] kroeger [at] umanitoba [dot] ca).