UM responds to critical (red) level with enhanced restrictions
The Province of Manitoba has moved the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System to Critical (Red) in the Winnipeg Metro Region effective November 2, with new measures being put in place to help stop the growing community transmission of COVID-19.
At UM, all in-person teaching activities will continue.
However, in addition to new Provincial restrictions, the UM will be introducing new measures to ensure the health and safety of our community. Our priorities are your health and safety, students’ ability to complete their approved in-person activities, and faculty members’ ability to conduct essential research.
The following new UM health and safety measures are effective Monday, November 2:
Winnipeg – Critical Red Restrictions:
- All UM libraries are closed. The libraries continue to provide collections and services online and hold locker pickup for physical materials.
- All UM galleries are closed
- The Active Living Centre and Joe Doupe Recreation Centre will remain open at 25 per cent capacity and masks are mandatory while exercising
- The Joyce Fromson Pool, Wayne Fleming Arena and James Daly Fieldhouse will be closed
- Food services will be reduced. Please see: umanitoba.ca/campus-services#eat-on-campus
- Retail services will be reduced. Please see: https://news.umanitoba.ca/whats-open-on-both-campuses/
UM – Enhanced Restrictions:
- All work that may done remotely should be done remotely
- Cancelation or postponement of all in-person discretionary activities (either being contemplated or previously approved)
- Employees accessing our campus(es) to be reduced to a maximum of 30 per cent
- Closure of all but absolutely essential common spaces and lunch spaces
- Individuals are encouraged to limit their time on campus as much as possible
All approved in-person teaching activities will continue and study spaces will remain open except for those designated study spaces in the Libraries.
If you have any questions:
- Students – contact your faculty, college or school.
- Faculty and staff – contact your dean or supervisor.
It is essential that employees and students self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and/or exposures before attending to any on-campus activities. Complete this questionnaire: https://www.gov.mb.ca/asset_library/en/coronavirus/covid19_screening_checklist.pdf
If the checklist advises you not to enter; stay home, isolate and refer to the online COVID-19 Screening Tool by clicking here or call Health Links – Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or toll free at 1-888-315-9257 for further guidance.
For more information see: www.umanitoba.ca/coronavirus
I have accepted the offer for January intake and my visa are still pending.So,if I get my visa before January can I move to Winnipeg For studying because according to your mail winter term will be held online.
And what are chances of getting visa before January.
Thank you for your question. Information for incoming international students is available on the COVID-19 international student support page:
If you have questions about coming to UM, please contact studentarrival [at] umanitoba [dot] ca