Need Academic English Support? Enroll in Part-Time Academic English Courses
The English Language Centre is here to help
Adjusting to the demands of university can be difficult. Reading academic articles, writing well-organized essays, participating in class discussions and giving dynamic presentations are just some of the challenges students face in their academic life. And if English isn’t your first language, such challenges can feel a bit overwhelming.
The good news is that English language courses are available through the English Language Centre’s Part-Time Academic English Courses (PTAEC).
The English Language Centre offers affordable, non-credit language courses to support students whose first language isn’t English. PTAEC supports students by providing them with the tools and strategies they need to master academic English language skills.
Five reasons to enroll in Part-Time Academic English Courses:
- Class size: 10-15 students per class means lots of one-on-one interaction with your instructor and classmates
- Convenient: Spring/Summer PTAEC courses are delivered in-person and remotely
- Interactive: all courses are live and facilitated by highly experienced English language experts
- Affordable: only $150 per 30-hour course (one 3-hour class each week for 10 weeks); this equals $5 an hour
- Fun: meet other students and practice your English in a supportive environment
Spring PTAEC courses begin the week of May 16th. Enroll now to guarantee your spot in the course(s) you want. For more information, course descriptions and course schedule, visit us at: umanitoba.ca/elc/parttime