Happy New Year and welcome (back) to UM
January 7, 2020 —
As you attend your first classes of 2020, ensure you have activated your UM Net ID and picked up your student ID card. If you encounter any issues with your courses, please contact your faculty/advising office: Undergraduate, Graduate.
Tips and helpful information for Winter Term 2020
- Course add and course drop dates:
- Jan. 17, 2020 – Course Drop Date – This is the last date to drop a course and receive a refund for Winter Term and Winter/Summer Term spanning courses
- Jan. 20, 2020 – Course Add Date – This is the last date to add a course for Winter Term and Winter/Summer Term spanning courses
- Please note: If you are on a waitlist for a course you no longer wish to take, ensure you remove yourself from the waitlist to allow the next student on the list to be notified.
- Voluntarily Withdraw (VW) dates
- Jan. 17, 2020 – Fall/Winter VW deadline – This is the deadline to Voluntary Withdraw (VW) from Fall/Winter Term spanning courses with a refund for the Winter Term portion.
- Mar. 18, 2020 – Winter VW deadline – This is the deadline to Voluntary Withdraw (VW) for the Winter Term.
- Tuition and Fees: Avoid the lines – pay online!
- Deadline is Feb. 4, 2020 at 4:30 pm
- To access fee payment information in Aurora:
Go to ‘Enrolment & Academic Records’, select ‘Registration & Exams’ or ‘Student Records’ and then ‘View Account Summary by Term’.
- Additional Resources: Fee Payment, Non-Payment, Late Fees, Sponsorship Information, Financial Aid & Awards.
- Social Insurance Number (SIN) now required for T2202’s
- If you have not provided your SIN as part of your student record, you must submit your SIN by following the steps below:
- Log in to aurora.umanitoba.ca.
- Select the Personal information tab.
- Select Verify my Social Insurance Number (SIN).
- Enter your SIN (or confirm the SIN listed is correct).
- Access your T2202’s and T4A’s:
- To access your tax form(s) in Aurora:
- Go to ‘Enrolment & Academic Records’, select ‘’Canadian Tax Forms,’ and ‘select T2202 or T4A’ Your form will automatically open.
- Summer Term Registration:
- March 16, 2020 – Registration Access times available in Aurora.
- March 23-26, 2020 – Initial Registration Period.
- UM Achieve degree audits will help you plan ahead and stay on track, it’s your degree planning tool, available at the click of a button:
- Track your academic progress.
- Map the requirements in your current degree program.
- Estimate your time to degree completion.
- Access UM Achieve through your JUMP account. If you have questions about your audit, contact your Academic Advisor Undergraduate.
- Current Programs – check back frequently as more programs are added
- Resources: Tutorials.
Opt-In, Opt-Down or Opt-Out of UMSU Health & Dental Plan
- Most students are automatically assessed fees for the UMSU Health & Dental Plan.
- Last year, UMSU started offering a flexible benefit model to the UMSU Health & Dental plan. Learn more about the new flex plan, and details on how and when to opt-down or opt-out visit the UMSU Website.