Helpful dates and information for your first week
Welcome new students! And to returning students, welcome back!
Happy New Year and welcome (back) to UM. As you virtually attend your first classes of 2022, ensure you have activated your UM Net ID and picked up your student ID card. If you encounter any issues with your courses, please contact your faculty/advising office: Undergraduate, Graduate.
Activate your UM Net ID:
If you’re a new student, you will need to activate your UM Net ID to use your UM email, and to access important programs like Aurora and UM Achieve. Activate your ID here.
- Feb. 4, 2022 – Last day to DROP Fall/Winter Term spanning, Winter Term and Winter/Summer Term spanning courses without penalty. *
- Feb. 7, 2022 – Last day to ADD Winter and Winter/Summer term spanning courses.
- Read more here.
- Feb. 4, 2022– Fall/Winter term spanning course VW deadline*
- Apr. 25, 2022– Winter VW deadline – This is the deadline to Voluntary Withdraw (VW) for the Winter Term without a refund.
* If you drop a Fall/Winter Term spanning course before the VW date, you will receive a VW for the course, but you will not be charged the Winter Term portion of the fees.
Tuition and Fees
- Pay online
- Deadline is Feb. 16, 2022
- To access fee payment information in Aurora: Go to ‘Enrolment & Academic Records’, select ‘Registration & Exams’ or ‘Student Records’ and then ‘View Account Summary by Term’.
- Additional Resources: Fee Payment, Non or late Payment, Sponsorship Information, Financial Aid & Awards.
- The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has made it mandatory for the University of Manitoba to collect a student’s Social Insurance Number (SIN) if you have one, to add on the Canadian tax form, T2202. If you are a returning student and have already added your SIN in Aurora, you do not have to add it again.
- Please note: if you select the “No Social Insurance Number” option, you are indicating you do not have a valid SIN. All Canadian citizens and Permanent Resident students will have a valid SIN.
- Log in to Aurora.
- Select the Personal Information tab
- Select ‘Verify my SIN’.
- A tuition tax credit, called a T2202 form, is issued to students and is used to claim the Tuition Tax Credit. This form is released annually, towards the end of February and is ONLY available online through Aurora.
- Go to ‘Enrolment & Academic Records’, select ‘Canadian Tax Forms’, and ‘select T2202 or T4A’ Your form will automatically open.
- Mar. 28, 2022 Registration access times available in Aurora
- Apr. 4 – Apr. 7, 2022 Initial registration period (with gradual space release where applicable)
- Apr. 8, 2022 – Registration closed from 12:00 a.m to 1:00 p.m. CST (this is to allow for waitlists to be added to certain courses)
- Apr. 8, 2022 – Registration reopens 1:00 p.m. CST.
Student photo identification (ID) cards
- Order your student photo ID card through Aurora.
- Select the ‘Personal Information’ tab.
- Select ‘Order ID Card’
- Your card will be mailed out to your address in Aurora within 2 weeks of receiving your request.
- NOTE: There is a $23 fee for a Replacement ID card if you lost your student photo ID card.
Before you make your request, you will need to prepare a few items:
- A clear photo of yourself.
- A digital copy or photo of your physical signature.
- A digital copy or photo of your government-issued photo ID.
- A digital copy of your study permit (For international students in Canada, upload your study permit).
- Ensure your mailing address is correct in Aurora.
- If you have a preferred name, ensure it is up-to-date in Aurora.
- UM Achieve degree audits will help you plan ahead and stay on track, It’s your degree planning tool, available at the click of a button to:
- Track your academic progress.
- Map the requirements in your current degree program.
- Estimate your time to degree completion.
- Access UM Achieve through your JUMP account. If you have questions about your audit, contact your Academic Advisor Undergraduate.
Opt-In, Opt-Down or Opt-Out of UMSU Health & Dental Plan
There are two types of health coverage that students have access to. Read on for more information on each, to see what is applicable to you.
UMSU Health and Dental: is supplemental health insurance provided to all students. For more information on UMSU Health and Dental insurance, please see:
International Student Health Coverage: is insurance provided to international students, providing primary health coverage. This insurance is mandatory unless you are already covered. For more information please see: