Discover mentorship opportunities!
Have you ever wanted to learn more about an occupation and dig deeper into the world of work by meeting with professionals in your field of study? Meeting with a mentor and learning about their experiences, current and previous occupations, and educational path is a great way to help you with career planning. Creating meaningful connections with people, whether they are with industry professionals, students, educators or others, is helpful when it comes to making decisions about your future. We have highlighted five opportunities at the UM for you to access mentorship opportunities:
- Career Mentor Program – A mentorship program for you to explore occupational options by meeting with industry professionals for informational interviews. Mentors share advice, life experiences and knowledge that will help you plan your future career and educational paths. The Career Mentor Program runs through the academic year, from September to April.
- Career Café – Join us on November 30th for a fantastic opportunity for you to meet one-on-one with employers from different industry sectors to obtain feedback on all aspects of the job application including resume, cover letter, CV and interview preparation. Receive advice on which experiences and skills employers value, and use this information to help shape . Career Consultants are also available to talk with you about occupations and ideas on how to launch your career.
- UM Café – A simple networking tool that will provide you with opportunities to connect virtually with mentors. You are matched with University of Manitoba Alumni based on similar career interests, and you will receive guidance, support and advice related to career planning. Mentors are eager to share their life and/or work experiences, as well as explore occupations in more depth to help you on your path to developing career clarity.
- Peer Mentorship Program Get peer support around academic, personal and professional challenges. Peer Mentorship allows you to connect with other trained student mentors on a drop-in basis. The mentors help by offering guidance and direction, providing resource referrals and coaching.
- Stu Clark Entrepreneurship Coaching Programs – Have an idea for a business? Interested in learning more about entrepreneurial opportunities? Entrepreneurship coaching and resources are available to all students regardless of your degree or field of study.
At Career Services, we can help connect you to a mentoring program that will guide you in mapping your future career! Check out our website to learn more about the resources we offer to support you. Career Services is working remotely to serve students by email, phone, tele-conference as well as through virtual workshops. Contact our office at 204-474-9456 or cs [dot] receptionist [at] umanitoba [dot] ca to make an appointment.