Winter Term Registration in Aurora will be closed for maintenance Nov 2 to 17
Due to scheduled maintenance on Aurora, the Winter Term schedule and the registration functions won’t be available from November 2 through to November 17. Registration will reopen November 18 at 9 am CDT.
Using Aurora is something that many of us use on a regular basis. During the maintenance period, you will still be able to use some functions in Aurora.
What can I still do in aurora?
Most of the other Aurora functions will be accessible, such as order documents, VW from a Fall Term course and update your personal information.
If you are a new student for Winter Term, you can still get ready to start the term by:
- Checking your computer and internet connections to make sure you can work remotely, follow the UM Student Connectivity Recommendations.
- Ordering your student ID card through Aurora. Make sure you follow these document guidelines:
- A photo for the ID Card
- A signature you have written for the ID Card
- An image of your Government Issued Photo Identification
- An image of your study permit if you are an international student
- Reviewing the First Year Planning Guide to make sure that you are properly prepared to register for courses.
- Familiarizing yourself with the UM’s rules and regulations by reading the Important Notice in the Online Academic Calendar.
Any academic-related questions or concerns please speak to your academic advisor!
For students interested in registering for Winter/Summer Term spanning courses, registration opens November 30 at 9 am CDT.
Here’s a recap of what functions will be and won’t be available between Nov 2 and 17:
Services that are not available:
- View the Winter Term schedule
- Register for a Winter Term course
- Drop a Winter Term course
- Waitlist a Winter Term course
- VW from a Fall/Winter term spanning course
- Receive waitlist notifications (this will be as of 4 pm Friday, October 30) You will retain your position on waitlists during this time.
- View the Summer Term preliminary schedule
Services that are available:
- Order documents such as transcripts, Enrolment Verification, Student ID Cards
- VW for Fall Term course
- Personal information updates
- Run a degree audit
- Check grades
Note that this closure does not apply to Extended Education’s online registration system.