What’s open on both campuses, as of Oct. 13
UPDATED Oct. 13
All University facilities remain closed for the summer to all but essential activities.
Here’s your updated list for the status of campus businesses, including UMSU University Centre.
What’s open, what’s not
The Academic advising, Student Counselling Centre, Student Advocacy and Case Management, Student Services at Bannatyne Campus, Spiritual Care and other services continue to be available to students through telephone or email appointments and resources available online.
UC Pharmacy: The Pharmacy in UMSU University Centre is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. To access, please use the East main doors off of Chancellor’s Circle on the lower level of UMSU University Centre.
UC Postal Outlet: Located within the UC Pharmacy, UC Postal Outlet is open Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. NOTE: Canada Post picks up mail from the UC Postal Outlet at 2:30 p.m.
University Health Services (UHS) is working on setting up new clinic space for patients; see the UHS website for more information. UHS also has an on-call service that can be reached at 204-474-8411 and is staffed 24 hours a day. UHS is run by UM Student Affairs; it provides effective, patient-centered, collaborative, multidisciplinary primary care required for the success and well-being of UM students, faculty and staff.
See information about mail and other essential onsite services during buildings closure.
Sport and Recreation Facilities
Active Living Centre re-opened on Monday, July 27, at approximately 25 per cent capacity. The Active Living Centre supports UM’s commitment to active living and wellness of our entire community. Upon re-opening, the health and safety of members and staff are top priority in order to meet—and exceed—government regulations. See more information here.
University Centre businesses
The Focal Point Optician is now open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for customers/patients by appointment only. Call 204-474-7090 to book.
Campus Dental Centre is closed and all patients are being asked to call Reflections Dental Centre at 204-777-6453.
Reider Insurance and World Safari Travel Agency are temporarily closed. Please contact them at their listed phone numbers if you need assistance.
NEW TO CAMPUS: Located across the hall from University Centre Pharmacy, CELL MECHANICS is open weekdays from 8:30am to 4:30pm, providing smartphone repair and sales, including accessories.
G.P.A.’s Campus Convenience store is open weekdays, 9:00am to 4:00pm.
Most services and offices in UMSU University Centre are closed due to the COVID-19 closure, but you can also check current information on the University Centre website.
Also see: UM’s COVID-19 updates webpage for more information.
Fort Garry Bookstore
The Fort Garry BookStore is open to the public. Hours of operation are available at: umanitoba.ca/campus/bookstore/hours.html
- by email, or
- by telephone at 204-474-8321, or toll-free at 800-310-3331, between the hours of 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Your prepaid items can be retrieved at the Fort Garry Bookstore Starbucks weekdays during business hours. Please ensure you have received your Ready for Pickup Confirmation Email with you.
Health Sciences Bookstore
The Health Sciences BookStore continues to be open for online shopping only.
The Health Sciences Bookstore will be closed during the Fall term. Health Sciences course materials, medical instruments and supplies can be ordered online or by phone, with option for free pick-up at the Fort Garry Bookstore Starbucks weekdays during business hours.
Please ensure you have received your Ready for Pickup Confirmation Email with you.
The Libraries continue to provide collections and services online:
- Student and faculty supports: Use the AskUs online chat service or contact the appropriate subject liaison librarian.
- Access materials from our collections digitally, via hold locker pickup, or request scanning. Physical collections remain closed for browsing.
- Study space: Elizabeth Dafoe, Sciences & Technology, and Neil John Maclean Health Sciences Libraries are open with limited capacity for student study only. Learn more about booking and accessing study space.
- Archives & Special Collections: Open for in-person research and reference services. Find out more and book your appointment.
- Support for researchers: Data management, data visualization and GIS, and open scholarship are available including online consultations and access to data sharing and storage platforms such as Dataverse.
- Open Education Resources (teaching resources with open copyright): Available for faculty and instructors.
- Return of items and other services: Check Covid-19 updates for detailed information.
Food and Beverage Services
- Updates and more info can be found at: umanitoba.ca/campus-services#eat-on-campus
Pembina Hall / Fresh Food Company
- Now open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner – including weekends. For daily menus and more, see umanitoba.campusdish.com/LocationsAndMenus/TheFreshFoodCompanyPembinaHall.
- HEY CHEF App: Staff and students may order food for pick up through the Hey Chef app from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday. For more, see umanitoba.campusdish.com.
- See current information about University services on campus.
University Centre & Campo
- Closed due to COVID-19 University closure.
St. John’s College
- Daily Bread Café:
- Open weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Visit umanitoba.ca/colleges/st_johns/food/index.html for more info.
- Pizza Joe’s: Closed.
St. Paul’s College
- Belltower Cafe: Open Mon-Thu, 10:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Fri 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Visit umanitoba.ca/colleges/st_pauls/Belltower_Cafe.html for more info.
- All Bannatyne campus food services are closed.
More information: UM’s COVID-19 updates webpage.