UM Today UM Today University of Manitoba UM Today UM Today UM Today
News from
UM Today Network
Graphic telling students to verify their SIN in Aurora.

Verify your SIN in Aurora

It’s easier than you think!

October 5, 2021 — 

Tax season will be here before you know it – prepare your account now to ensure a smooth tax season!

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has made it mandatory for the University of Manitoba to collect the Social Insurance Numbers (SINs) of students. This information is required to produce your Canadian tax form, T2202. 

These tax changes came into effect in the 2019 tax year, so if you are a returning student and have already added your SIN in Aurora, you do not have to add it again. 

How to add your Social Insurance Number (SIN) in Aurora: 

  1. Login to Aurora.
  2. Select ‘Personal Information’.
  3. Select ‘Verify my SIN’.

Please note, if you select the “No Social Insurance Number option, you are indicating you do not have a valid SIN. All Canadian citizens and Permanent Resident students will have a valid SIN. 

If your number is incorrect, you must contact the Registrar’s Office or Extended Education to have it corrected. Do not send your SIN in an email; instead indicate that your SIN is wrong, and a representative will delete what is showing on file so that you can securely add the correct number. 

Extended Education
extended [at] umanitoba [dot] ca

Registrars Office
RO [at] umanitoba [dot] ca


, ,

© University of Manitoba • Winnipeg, Manitoba • Canada • R3T 2N2

Emergency: 204-474-9341