UM Today UM Today University of Manitoba UM Today UM Today UM Today
News from
UM Today Network
Verify your SIN (Social Insurance Number) promotional image.

Verify your SIN in Aurora

Have a smooth tax season!

December 6, 2021 — 

As we approach the new year, taxes may not be on your mind, but you can take a few steps now to ensure a tax season without hiccups!

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has made it mandatory for the University of Manitoba to collect the Social Insurance Numbers (SINs) of students. This information is required to produce your Canadian tax form, T2202 (Tuition and Enrolment Certificate).

These tax changes have been in effect since the 2019 tax year, so if you are a returning student and have already added your SIN in Aurora, you do not have to add it again.

How to add your Social Insurance Number (SIN) in Aurora:

  1. Login to Aurora.
  2. Select ‘Personal Information’.
  3. Select ‘Verify my SIN’.

Please note, if you select the “No Social Insurance Number” option, you are indicating you do not have a valid SIN. All students who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents should have a valid SIN.

If your number is incorrect, or Aurora says you need to update your SIN, you must contact the Registrar’s Office or Extended Education to have it corrected. Do not send your SIN in an email. Instead, indicate that your SIN is wrong in an email to registrar [dot] office [at] umanitoba [dot] ca and a representative will delete what is showing on file so that you can securely add the correct number.

While you are in Aurora, it is a good idea to ensure that your contact information and address are up to date! These changes are also made through the personal information menu.

Extended Education
extended [at] umanitoba [dot] ca

Registrar’s Office
RO [at] umanitoba [dot] ca

, ,

© University of Manitoba • Winnipeg, Manitoba • Canada • R3T 2N2

Emergency: 204-474-9341