University of Manitoba’s largest on-campus career fair
More than 100 employers will attend Career Services annual Career Fair on January 15 and 16
Over 100 employers will be on campus to meet with students to share summer and permanent full-time employment opportunities and discuss what they look for in potential employees. Students will have a chance to see how their education links to a multitude of employment opportunities. The world of work is not organized by degree or degree majors and the Career Fair is an excellent opportunity to learn how the knowledge, skills and attributes students are developing in their classwork can link to the labour market.
Employers attending include Roquette (Platinum supporter) and McCain (Gold supporter), along with other employers from for-profit, government and non-profit organizations. To maximize your career fair experience, you can prepare for the Career Fair by accessing the list of employers attending from the Career Services website, reviewing Tips for Career Fair Success, attending the Career Fair Preparation workshop and accessing the Resumé Learning Centre located at 474 UMSU University Centre. Prior to attending the Career Fair, take the time to identify employers you want to meet individually, and research the organizations and career opportunities thoroughly so you are able to have focused conversations about your areas of interest.
So just to recap, why should you attend the job fair?
- Learn what employers are looking for (so you are able to select classes and engage in volunteer and work experiences that develop those skills).
- Network and increase future opportunities.
- Learn about unadvertised job opportunities.
- Get additional information about a company so you can enhance your resumé.
- Explore careers and industries, and gain knowledge about the world of work.
The Career Fair is open to current students and alumni from all disciplines.