Need Academic English Support? Enroll in Part-Time Academic English Courses
Adjusting to the demands of university can be difficult. Reading academic articles, writing well-organized essays, participating in class discussions and giving dynamic presentations are just some of the challenges students face in their academic life. Adjusting to a new culture can also present its own unique difficulties. If English isn’t your first language, such challenges can feel a bit overwhelming.
The English Language Centre offers Part-Time Academic English Courses (PTAEC) to students whose first language is not English. The PTAEC are affordable, non-credit language courses which support students by providing them with the tools and strategies they need to master academic English language skills.
Five reasons to enroll in Part-Time Academic English Courses:
- Convenient: Courses are delivered remotely and in-person at Fort Garry and Bannatyne campuses.
- Class size: 10-15 students per class provides lots of one-on-one interaction with your instructor and classmates.
- Interactive: All courses are live and facilitated by highly experienced English language experts.
- Affordable: Only $150 per 30-hour course, and $50 for a 10-hour course. This equals $5 an hour!
- 3 hours once per week for 10 weeks, with the exception of the NEW *Paraphrasing & Summarizing Skills course (2 hours once per week for 5 weeks).
- Fun: Meet other students and practice your English in a supportive environment!
Winter PTAEC courses begin the week of January 23rd. Enroll now to guarantee your spot in the course(s) you want. For more information, course descriptions and course schedule, visit us at: umanitoba.ca/elc/parttime