Making online registration an easier process
Online registration opened up this past week for new U1 and Direct Entry students at the University of Manitoba. Class registration is completed using the online tool, Aurora. This can be a difficult and stressful experience as new students need to select and register for classes for the first time.
The University of Manitoba Registrar’s Office has created a set of video tutorials to walk students through the Registration process. There are 14 videos that familiarize students with Aurora, help students prepare for the registration process, and show students how to register for classes.
General Registration Information
- Only students who have been officially admitted to the University of Manitoba may register: Undergraduate Admissions, Graduate Admissions.
- Registration in most undergraduate and many graduate programs is completed using Aurora. This system can be accessed by internet only; students who live in areas without internet access should contact their advising office for assistance: Undergraduate, Graduate.
- There are many steps that make up the registration process, many of which should be accomplished prior to registering for classes.
- Before registering, students should review the Steps to Registration and view the Online Registration Tutorials.
- Remember to withdraw from courses you do not plan to attend; failure to pay fees will not cancel your registration!
Need more help? If you still have questions after going through the tutorials and reviewing your faculty/school section of the Academic Calendar, please contact your advising office: Undergraduate, Graduate.