Hidden job opportunities
Looking beyond the obvious positions – behind the scenes at Richardson International.
When deciding on where you want to work, it is important to look beyond the obvious and think about the positions that are harder to see. Think outside the box. You may walk past an exciting job every day. In any organization, there are typically more positions available than first meet the eye. Richardson International is a great example of just that.
With a staff of over 3000, Richardson plays an integral role in the business of connecting farm to food, beginning with selling seed and crop inputs to farmers, purchasing their crops at harvest, delivering grains and oilseeds to markets both near and far, and transforming raw food materials into an array of products consumers recognize on grocery store shelves. This requires many different specialists across industries working closely together to make it all happen
Our goal is to take you behind the scenes of Richardson so you can see beyond the obvious occupational opportunities. Maybe you will see Richardson as an employer you could consider in your career journey.
Take a peek at some of the areas of work at Richardson:
Agriculture and Agribusiness Jobs
- Grain Merchandising;
- Area Marketing;
- Management (crop inputs sites, terminal elevators);
- General Labour, Repair, Maintenance;
Corporate Head Office Jobs
- Transportation and Logistics;
- Finance and Accounting;
- Information Technology;
- Product Innovation;
- Quality Assurance and Food Safety;
- Legal and Administration;
- Human Resources.
- Production Operations;
- Quality Assurance;
- Skilled trades including millwrights, electricians, and power engineers.
Many employers have new graduate professional programs to support the development of young professionals within their organization. Richardson’s Student and New Graduate Education and Development Programs are a great example of these training programs:
- Agribusiness Development Program. This one-year training program provides challenging assignments in agronomy, agribusiness, grain sales and marketing, crop input sales, and corporate roles.
- CPA Development Program. This program allows employees to obtain their CPA designation and expand their knowledge base to prepare for challenging and progressive financial roles.
- Operations Development Program. The Operations Development Program exposes participants to manufacturing and processing operations, providing in-depth plant and equipment experience in a hands-on environment.
To learn more about a potential opportunities at Richardson visit their current opportunities webpage.
You may have heard about some of these occupations already, but you probably have not heard of all 30,000 plus occupations in Canada. If you want to learn more about these and other occupations, visit Career Services’ Exploring Occupations website. You may also want to consider the career mentor program where you can meet with an industry professional for a one hour informational interview. If you want to explore how to learn more about a specific organization or discuss a career path visit career services.
Taking time to explore an organization is a great way to learn about new occupations, see current and future job opportunities and help you to start to design your path forward. Think outside the box. You may walk past an exciting job every day!