Get Ready: registration for Summer Term 2021 is coming soon!
It’s time to register for Summer Term and there are a few things you need to know.
Registration access times for students at the Bannatyne and Fort Garry campuses will be available in your Aurora Account on March 29. To access your registration time:
- Log into Aurora. From the ‘Enrolment and Academic Records’ tab, click on ‘Registration & Exams’, then ‘Registration Time and Status.’
- Choose the term that you want to verify your eligibility for from the drop-down menu.
Once it is your registration date and time, you will only have that day to register. Beginning April 9 at 1:00 p.m. CST you will have 24/7 access until the last date to register.
It’s a good idea to check if you have any holds or if your student status prevents registration. Make sure you clear these up before your date to register.
In summer term, the last date to drop a course and the last date to add a course are the same date. To help prepare you, please take note of these important deadlines found on the Summer Term registration page.
|Part of Term||Course Dates||Revision period||Refund Deadline||Voluntary Withdrawal Deadline (No Refund)||Exam Dates|
|May – June (3 Credit Hour course, 6 hours instruction per week)*||May 10 – Jun. 17||May 10 – May 13||May 13||Jun. 8||Jun. 21 – Jun. 26|
|July – August (3 Credit Hour courses, 6 hours instruction per week)*||Jul. 5 – Aug. 12||Jul. 5–Jul. 8||Jul. 8||Aug. 3||Aug. 16 – Aug. 21|
|May – August (3 Credit Hour courses, 3 hours instruction per week)*||May 10 – Aug. 12 (No classes Jun. 21 – Jul. 2)||May 10 – May 20||May 20||Jul. 22||Aug. 16 – Aug. 21|
|May – August (6 Credit Hour courses, 6 hours instruction per week)||May 10 – Aug. 12 (No classes Jun.21 – Jul. 2)||May 10 – May 13||May 13||Jul. 22||Aug. 16 – Aug. 21|
|Winter/Summer Distance and Online spanning Term courses||Jan. 18 – Jul. 16||Jan. 18 – Feb.1||Jan. 29||May 19||Jul. 17 – Jul. 20|
- *May-June, July-August and May-August parts of term may also include 4 credit hour Engineering courses.
- Classes on Monday, May 2 will be made up on Friday, May 28.
- Classes on Monday, Aug. 3 will be made up on Friday, Aug. 7.
Waitlists for Summer Term will open on April 9, at 1:00 p.m. CST. It is very important that all students claim their UM email account and keep it in good standing in order to receive Waitlist notifications. Once open, Waitlist Notifications are enabled 24/7.
- If you want to switch course sections, please contact your Advisor. You may not be able to switch sections when a course has a waitlist.
- If you miss the deadline to register for a waitlisted course you will need to re-register for the waitlist.
For further questions, contact an academic advisor.
TUITION FEE DEADLINE FOR SUMMER TERM
For classes starting in:
- May/June: Tuesday, May 18
- July/ August: Tuesday, July 13