Event Day Plan: What it means for you
Please be advised of these parking and access restrictions
July 3, 2014 —
This summer and fall, the University of Manitoba will once again welcome thousands of community members to its Fort Garry campus for events at Investors Group Field.
Scheduled events for 2014 will enact the Event Day Plan: events include concerts and Winnipeg Blue Bomber regular season home games (see below for schedule).
During these events, the “Event Day Plan” will be enacted, which will determine how and when visitors can access and park on campus. All members of our community – students, staff, faculty, alumni and visitors – should familiarize themselves with the parking and access restrictions before they arrive on campus on an event day.
WHAT TO KNOW
- The “Event Day Plan” is an access and parking plan developed jointly by the City of Winnipeg, Winnipeg Football Club and University of Manitoba. It is only enacted when the estimated crowd for an event at Investors Group Field is expected to exceed 15,000.
- The “Event Day Plan” goes into effect 90 minutes before the scheduled start of an event, and is in place for 60 minutes after the end of an event. (Example: Game time 7 pm-10 pm: plan is in effect from 5:30 pm-11 pm)
- U of M-specific traffic is required to enter and exit during the event day window by the Kings Drive entrance. If you are unsure where the Kings Drive entrance is located, or how to access it, please view this detailed map
- Further information can be found on this site.
Where can UM parking permit-holders park?
- During the event day window of 90 minutes before an event and 60 minutes after, all UM permit parkers can park for free in the following lots: A, part of B, AC, CTC, D, H and R. Please consult the U of M Parking Map here.
Where can visitors/casual parkers park during the event day window?
- Casual parking spots will be availablein the U of M Parkade and N lot; spaces are limited.
Where can I park if I’m taking a class during an event and don’t have a UM parking pass?
- Students who are registered for an evening or weekend class that falls on an Event Day will receive a direct communication outlining parking options for them.
2014 Event Day Schedule
- Mon. Jun 9, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. — Toronto vs Winnipeg
- Sun., Jun 15, 2014 at 5:00 a.m. — Manitoba Marathon
- Thu. Jun 26, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. — Toronto vs Winnipeg
- Thu. Jul 3, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. — Ottawa vs Winnipeg
- Thu. Jul 17, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. — Edmonton vs Winnipeg
- Sun. July 27, 2014 at 8 p.m. — Beyonce and Jay-Z Concert
- Thu. Aug 7, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. — Saskatchewan vs Winnipeg
- Sun. Aug 10 at 2 p.m. — Prairie Jam Music Festival
- Fri. Aug 22, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. — Montreal vs Winnipeg
- Sat. Sep 7, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. — Saskatchewan vs Winnipeg – Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries Banjo Bowl
- Sat. Sep 27, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. — Hamilton vs Winnipeg
- Sat. Oct 18, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. — Calgary vs Winnipeg
- Sat. Oct 25, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. — BC vs Winnipeg