Don’t forget about the course add/drop deadline
January 18, 2021 —
Winter Term is just beginning, and it’s important to know when you need to finalize your course schedule. The Registration Revision Period is the first two weeks of classes in the Winter Term, where you can still make changes to your course registration without an academic or financial penalty.
- Course Drop Date for Winter Term is JANUARY 29, which is the last date to drop a course with a refund.
- Please note: If you are on a waitlist for a course you no longer wish to take, ensure you remove yourself from the waitlist by the Course Drop Date to allow the next student on the list to be notified.
- Course Add Date for Winter Term is FEBRUARY 1, which is the last date to add a course in the revision period.
What does this mean to you?
- If you add a course after JANUARY 29, there is no refund if you decide to drop it. You will have to pay for it. You will still be able to Voluntarily Withdraw (VW).
- Students who do not drop their courses will be required to pay the full tuition and fees for all courses in which they remain registered even if they do not attend classes. If you are not attending UM this term, you must drop your courses.
Rules around course schedules can be confusing, if you have further questions, please connect with an Academic Advisor (Undergraduate, Graduate).