Academic Learning Centre Winter 2018 workshops
Improve your skills with free workshops for students
The Academic Learning Centre offers a variety of workshops and resources for all students at the University of Manitoba. This winter, be sure to check out the Study Skills or Writing workshop series for sessions on how to reassess your learning strategies, manage your study time, prepare for upcoming exams or work on specific writing projects.
A workshop series for multilingual learners is also being offered. These workshops provide students whose first language is not standard English the opportunity to enhance their academic writing and reading skills.
See below for a list of all workshops available during the 2018 Winter Term or visit the Academic Learning Centre for more information.
Study Skills workshops:
*All Study Skills workshops are held from 2:30-3:30 pm in Room 306, Tier Building
- Friday, January 12 – Reassess your learning strategies
- Friday, January 19 – Learning strategies for high-content courses
- Friday, January 26 – Manage your study tim
- Friday, February 2 – Preparing for midterms
- Friday, March 23 – Preparing for final exams
*All Writing workshops are held from 2:30-3:30 pm in Room 306, Tier Building
- Tuesday, February 27 – Academic posters
- Tuesday, March 6 – Literature review
Multilingual Learner workshops:
Reading academic texts
- Tuesday, January 9, 1:00-2:15 pm, 215 Tier Building
- Thursday, January 11, 2:30-3:30 pm, 313 Tier Building
Effective academic writing
- Tuesday, January 16, 1:00-2:15 pm, 215 Tier Building
- Thursday, January 18, 2:30-3:30 pm, 313 tier Building
Building academic vocabulary
- Tuesday, January 23 – 1:00-2:15 pm, 215 Tier Building
- Thursday, January 25, 2:30-3:30 pm, 313 Tier Building
Paraphrasing, quoting and summarizing
- Tuesday, January 30, 1:00-2:15 pm, 215 Tier Building
- Thursday, February 1, 2:30-3:30 pm, 313 Tier Building
Students are encouraged to register for workshops here.