Academic Learning Centre Fall 2018 workshops
Improve your skills with free workshops for students
The Academic Learning Centre offers a variety of workshops and resources for all students at the University of Manitoba. This fall, be sure to check out the Study Skills or Writing workshop series for sessions on how to reassess your learning strategies, manage your study time, prepare for upcoming exams or work on specific writing projects.
See below for a list of all workshops available during the 2018 Fall Term or visit the Academic Learning Centre for more information.
Study Skills workshops:
*All Study Skills workshops are held from 2:30-3:30 pm in Room 313, Tier Building
- Friday, September 14 – Planning your study schedule
- Friday, September 21 – Learning strategies for high-content courses
- Friday, September 28 – Preparing for midterms
- Friday, October 26 – Reassess your learning strategies
- Friday, November 2 – Manage your study time
- Friday, November 9 – Learning strategies for high-content courses
- Friday, November 23 – Multiple choice test strategies
- Friday, November 30 – Preparing for final exams
*All Writing workshops are held from 12:30-2:00 pm in Room 409, Tier Building
- Tuesday, October 2 – Academic writing style
- Tuesday, October 9 – Using sources in academic papers
Students are encouraged to register by visiting the Academic Learning Centre’s Workshops and Events page.
Is there any possibility for non students to participate in the workshops series? I’m a journalist and have a desire to see the workshops.
Thanks for the question. At this time, the workshops are currently only available for students.