UM closes for this year’s Holiday Season at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 23, 2021
UM will close for this year’s Holiday Season at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 23, 2021 and resume full operations on Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2022 at both Fort Garry and Bannatyne Campuses.
See more about What’s Open on both campuses.
University buildings will be locked during this period with a few exceptions and special circumstances.
During the holiday closure period, please be advised of the following:
- there will be no routine trades, caretaking, grounds or delivery services
- elevators will remain in operation as all passenger elevators are equipped with an emergency telephone
- lights and computers should be turned off for the break
- all windows must be closed before leaving offices, labs and classrooms, in order to prevent the freeze up of radiators and plumbing systems
- all taps/faucets should be in the closed/off position
- any unnecessary lab equipment is shut down
- all chemicals are secured and stored in a safe manner
- all small appliances/space heaters should be unplugged
- all extension cords should be unplugged
Central Energy Plant (Fort Garry) and Power Engineers (Bannatyne) will be staffed 24/7 through the holiday break.
Should a Safety or Security emergency arise, please call:
(204) 474-9341 Security Services, Fort Garry Campus or dial 911
(204) 789-3330 Security Services, Bannatyne Campus or dial 911
Should a Building emergency arise, please call:
(204) 474-6281 Customer Service Desk, Fort Garry Campus
(204) 789-3330 Security Services, Bannatyne Campus
All doors and offices are locked over this period in order to reduce the risk of theft and vandalism.
Please inform the Customer Service Desk, O&M at 204-474-6281 of any special requirements relating to animals or research equipment during this period. Every effort will be made to accommodate those special needs.