Trending: For the week of August 22 – 28
August 22, 2016 —
Welcome to ‘Trending’, where each week we share a few things to watch for on social media.
Have you been following the many student takeovers this summer on the U of M Student Instagram Account? What a unique student perspective of life on (and sometimes off!) campus. Take a look back at them all with #umtakeover.
Here’s what else we’re talking about on social media this week:
- Bison Football season kicks off on Friday, August 26th will an away game at UBC. Cheer them on from home with #GoBisons!
- There’s an Orientation for everyone and it all starts this week. The College of Medicine Orientation will be held on Wednesday, August 24th. Don’t forget to share your experiences with us and your fellow students using #umorientation on Instagram and Twitter!
- The countdown is on to Residence Move-in Day on September 3rd! Follow along at #UMWelcomeHome.
- It’s the last week of family-friendly events at the Farm and Food Discovery Centre for another summer. Don’t miss Wednesday’s “Pizza Party” and Saturday’s “Bacon Makes it Better” event! Follow them on Twitter for details.
- University life can be a culture unto itself. For new students, the term ‘academic integrity’ might not be familiar. Learn about it at #umintegrity.
As always, join us and the rest of our community talking about the U of M by following #umanitoba on Twitter and Instagram.
Just thinking about the days when I started on campus in 1962.. 4 of us from Transcona drove the Perimeter Highway to Ft. Garry campus…The late summer and Frosh events were fun… I met several interesting people there, but have lost track of most for various reasons. I took off some time to work (for the later, GREAT, Wpg Tribune paper, then returned to campus to finish in ’68. Freshmen–my comment: get to classes. It will be good!!