Increase your research skills with library online workshops
The Libraries are offering more than two dozen sessions to help you increase your research skills.
Our popular library workshops are back online, with more than two dozen sessions to help you increase your research skills and academic success.
From September to December our lineup of workshops will provide you with tools and resources to meet your needs whether you are just beginning your academic career or you are doing graduate research.
Here is a glance at the first few weeks in our calendar:
- Use Primary Source Digital Data in WebGIS, Tuesday, September 28, 2021, 10:00am – 11:30am
- Research Essentials, Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 12:00pm – 1:30pm
- Introduction to Data Visualization, Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 12:00pm – 1:30pm
- Introduction to Archives, Thursday, October 7, 2021, 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Census Data Mapping Using WebGIS, Friday, October 8, 2021, 1:00pm – 2:30pm
- Introduction to Mendeley Reference Manager, Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 10:30am – 12:00pm
- Introduction to Endnote, Thursday, October 14, 2021, 1:30pm – 2:30pm
- Research Essentials, Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 10:00am – 11:30am
- ORCID, Scopus, Publons, Google Scholar: Making Sense of Research Profiles, Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Perform Spatial Analysis Tools Using WebGIS, Friday, October 22, 2021, 1:00pm – 2:30pm
- Open Data: Accessing geospatial data for the City of Winnipeg and Manitoba, Wednesday, October 27, 2021, 12:00pm – 1:30pm
- Open Access in the Sciences, Thursday, October 28, 2021, 1:00pm – 2:00pm
Sessions are filling up, so register early!