Walking tour of Exchange District offered to staff, registration closes soon
The University of Manitoba Support Staff Endowment Fund is offering The Exchange District Biz: East Walking Tour on Saturday, June 21 from 10:30 a.m. until noon.
The East Exchange District Tour highlights the history and architecture of buildings on the East side of Main Street. Turn of the century banks, the Grain Exchange Building and the newly developed Waterfront Drive are some of the exciting stops on the East tour. Participants will also have the opportunity to visit Hell’s Alley and hear how the 1919 Winnipeg General Strike would shape the labour movement in Canada for generations to come.
The tour will depart from Old Market Square at 133 Albert Street in front of the Smoke’s Poutinerie Restaurant. Look for the walking tour sign.
- The cost of this excursion is sponsored by the Support Staff Endowment Fund (for support staff members only).
- The entire tour will take place outdoors – rain or shine. Please dress accordingly; also bring along water and a camera.
- Lunch has been reserved (optional and at your own expense) following this event at: The King’s Head Pub, 120 King Sreet. Cost: $15.00 (set menu items).
- Space is limited; first come, first served-so register early!
- Attendees are responsible for their own transportation to and from this event.