Two Student GIS Scholarships Now Available
Apply to have Your GIS and mapping work recognized
Esri Canada is offering two GIS scholarships for UM students in any faculty using Esri technology to visualise projects or research to apply.
- UM Student GIS scholarship recognizes the work being done using GIS technologies at UM.
- Esri Young Scholar for Canada recognizes the exemplary work in geospatial sciences of undergraduate and graduate students at universities around the world.
Graduate or undergraduate capstone/thesis students in any faculty at UM.
Personal statement, summary and sample of work being completed using Esri technology (e.g., PDF of a map or poster, online StoryMap or other digital products).
April 16, 2023, 12 p.m. CST for package submission to umlgis [at] umanitoba [dot] ca
After the deadline, a multidisciplinary committee at the university will review submission packages. If you are a successful candidate, you will need to submit a poster and a short report to ESRI Canada in order to receive the award. You are encouraged to submit the report as an ArcGIS StoryMap.
$900 cash bursary, software, books, access to Esri training and complimentary registration at one of Esri Canada’s User Conferences.
Visit the scholarship FAQ for more details.
Any student enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate program at a Canadian college or university.
- A poster that highlights the objectives, methods and results of your use of Esri technology.
- A story map that explains the work presented in the poster.
- A personal statement describing your experience with GIS and your future plans using GIS.
- Academic transcripts for all post-secondary education.
Friday, March 31, 2023, 5 p.m. EDT to https://arcg.is/TP5Gn
After the deadline, applications are reviewed by a panel comprising academic and business members, and judging criteria include content as well as design and presentation.
1st Place: $1500 bursary, 2nd Place: $1000 bursary, up to two additional bursaries of $500 and Esri Press eBooks may be awarded, International scope.
Visit the competition FAQ for more details.