Trending: For the week of May 29 – June 4
May 29, 2017 —
Welcome to ‘Trending’, where each week we share a few things to watch for on social media.
Here’s what we’re talking about this week:
- Campus Beautification Day 2017 will be held on Friday, June 1st and you gave us a great peek at what to expect in some of this week’s #umanitoba-tagged Instagram photos.
- There’s still time to enter our latest Student Instagram photo contest (hint…it has to do with end of term!)? Deadline is June 9th, details here.
- Spring Convocation is fast approaching! From June 6th – 8th, we will honour the majority of spring grads. Check out #umanitoba2017 on Instagram and Twitter.
- Happy Pride 2017! Check out the full list of events, sign-up here to walk the June 4th Parade with us and follow #umqueer on Instagram and Twitter.
- We welcome First Nations, Métis and Inuit high school students from across Manitoba this week for the annual Verna J. Kirkness Science Education Program. They’ll be documenting their experience using #umindigenous.
- Have you received your acceptance letter from the UofM? We want to see! Tag us with #welcometoumanitoba and you could be featured on our social media channels.
- Did you know we are celebrating 140 years as a University and 150 years as a country? Learn more at #UM140 and #Canada150.
As always, join us and the rest of our community talking about the U of M by following #umanitoba on Twitter and Instagram.