Trending: For the week of July 11 – 17
July 11, 2016 —
Welcome to ‘Trending’, where each week we share a few things to watch for on social media.
Summer is in full swing, campus is relatively quiet and hopefully you’re getting the most out of the season’s slower pace. Here’s what’s popping up on our social media radar this week:
- Our favourite Instagram picture of the week is a reminder of the pure and simple joys of summer. Don’t forget to tag your pics #umanitoba for a chance to be featured!
- From ice cream making to insect discovery, the Bruce D. Campbell Farm and Food Discovery Centre is featuring family-friendly events and workshops to do with the kids all summer long. Find out more about food production, go behind the scenes and get involved on their Twitter page.
- We just can’t get enough of the UofM Student Instagram account this summer! Our students have taken us behind the scenes helping communities in El Salvador, watching the curtain rise at Rainbow Stage and giving hands-on assistance to researchers. Be sure to check it out!
- Are you a new student this fall? First Year Timetable Planning sessions continue to run all week and we’re sharing some of our best #firstyearplanning tips on Twitter and Instagram.
- Thursday is Winnipeg Blue Bomber game day at Investors Group field and that means event day parking. Heading to the game? Follow the action with #thisisourblue.
As always, join us and the rest of our community talking about the U of M by following #umanitoba on Twitter and Instagram!