Tips to avoid thesis deposit panic
Get help before the Winter Holiday
The University will be closed for the Winter Holiday soon – there is limited time to get assistance if you need to meet the graduate thesis deposit deadline of January 4, 2024 (Thursday). Here are some tips to give you peace of mind in thesis deposit and enjoy your holiday.
If your thesis is ready to deposit, do it now.
- Do not wait until the last minute to deposit your thesis. Library support will not be available during the Winter Holiday. Check library hours.
- Technical oversight will be sporadic, and any technical issues will not likely be addressed /resolved until the University opens on January 3, 2024 (Wednesday).
If you have any doubts, questions or concerns, get help now.
- Consult the following support pages for publishing, deposit, or related concerns:
- Book a consultation over Teams in the next two weeks:
- Contact your Liaison Librarian
- For technical assistance contact, email libraryresearchservices [at] umanitoba [dot] ca
Your Faculty of Graduate Student Program Assistant is a resource.
- If you have questions about the thesis review process or any aspect of thesis preparation leading up to submission, contact your program’s respective Student Program Assistant (SPA). Your SPA will review your thesis after you submit it to MSpace and approves it to be included there.
If you do encounter technical problems over the Winter Holiday, don’t panic.
- Send an email to libraryresearchservices [at] umanitoba [dot] ca and your FGS Student Program Assistant. Once the University re-opens, MSpace staff and FGS SPA will work together to ensure you will not be penalized for the issue and work to resolve your issue as soon as possible.