Step up your cyber fitness this Cyber Month!
Let's build a strong cyber safe community together
This Cyber Security Awareness Month (Cyber Month), let’s help our campus community, families, and friends step up their cyber fitness. As a proud Get Cyber Safe champion, we recognize Cyber Month as an important time to reflect, as individuals and as an organization, on how we can protect ourselves and our loved ones online.
It’s important to prioritize our cyber fitness to protect our digital well-being. A cyber threat can affect almost every aspect of our personal and professional lives as the world moves more online. From phishing attacks that steal sensitive information to malware that damages devices, it’s important to know how to protect ourselves from these threats and strengthen our online security together.
Engaging in cyber safe behaviour is like completing a set of reps to build your cybersecurity muscles. So, let’s grease up those elbows and build a strong cyber safe community!
Every week, we will publish a new article with some cybersecurity tips and a weekly challenge you can try.
Let’s get started!
This week we challenge you to warm up those cyber muscles by:
- Taking the Cyber Fitness Assessment Quiz.
- Sharing our Twitter and Instagram posts with your social media network
- Talking to your friends, family and coworkers about the importance of cybersecurity
Cyber Month events
Cyber Month information booths:
- Fort Garry – October 10 and 18 in University Centre
- Bannatyne – October 11 and 17 in the Brodie Atrium
Staff and faculty Lunch and Learn:
- Get cyber fit: Information security strategies for staff, faculty and researchers. Register here.
By working together, we can build our cybersecurity muscles and help create a safer digital landscape for everyone. Thanks in advance for your help in keeping our community safe online.
We wish you a very safe and happy Cyber Month!