Special Road Closure for Manitoba Marathon on June 15
Please be advised of these road closures on the Fort Garry campus on Sunday, June 15, for the Manitoba Marathon
To accommodate the Super Run as well as the regular half and full marathon routes, you should take note of the following campus access route closures:
- 5:00 a.m. University Crescent closed to vehicle traffic from Pembina Highway to Dafoe Road. The crescent will re-open around 2:00 pm.
- 5:00 a.m. Chancellor Matheson closed to vehicle traffic (except buses). It will re-open at approximately noon.
- 5:00 a.m. vehicle access to the campus at all intersections along Freedman Cr and Dafoe Rd (including King’s Drive) will be closed and will re-open at 9:00 am to accommodate the Super Run.
- Volunteer traffic marshals will be stationed at all campus intersections to control traffic before, during and shortly after the Super Run ends.
- Emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
- Campus Security, City of Winnipeg Police and Emergency Services will be on site.
- If residence students and staff need to leave the campus during these times, please move vehicles from residence parking lots to a remote location where you will be able to leave the campus easily.
If any of the above listed closures/restricted access will affect anyone in your unit please contact Tannis Campbell at 474-7822 or Tannis [dot] Campbell [at] umanitoba [dot] ca
For more information about the event you can visit www.manitobamarathon.mb.ca