Skip the long lines and join a virtual queue instead
WaitWell virtual queue is now available for more student services
Long lineups are common on campus during peak times of the school year, especially during the start of the Fall or Winter semesters. A queue management system can help better manage traffic, reduce time spent standing in a physical line, and increase the time university staff can spend providing student services.
Last September the University of Manitoba introduced WaitWell, a queue management system, in several locations serving students.
With WaitWell, students can join a virtual queue via their phone or at a kiosk on campus. By joining a virtual line through WaitWell, you are given an estimated wait time and you can wait anywhere. You will then receive real-time text messages to your phone, telling you when it is time to come to a specific location to receive service.
WaitWell virtual queue management is available at the following University of Manitoba locations:
- Career, Community and Experiential Learning Centre
- Cashier’s Office (Kiosk at University Centre)
- Faculty of Science (Kiosk available)
- Faculty of Arts (Kiosk in Fletcher Argue)
- Financial Aid and Awards Office
- International Centre, Student Engagement and Success
- IST Service Desk (Bannatyne and Fort Garry – Kiosk in Fletcher Argue Building)
- Registrar’s Office
- Student Transitions and Success
During peak periods, offices on campus may experience high demand and queues can fill up quickly. If a queue is full, keep trying to join the queue throughout the day as spaces may become available.
For more information about WaitWell, visit: https://waitwell.ca/higher-education/
Please feel free to contact the IST Service Desk at 204-474-8600 with any questions.