Reading Council of Greater Winnipeg Scholarship
50th Anniversary Scholarship
- Enrolled in a Bachelor of Education Degree program in Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Plans to teach in the Manitoba Education system upon graduation
- Resides in the province of Manitoba
- Committed to furthering literacy and language arts skills of all students
Two scholarships ($500.00 each) have been established to commemorate the charter of the Reading Council of Greater Winnipeg (RCGW) in 1956, and as well to recognize the visionary teachers from Winnipeg who formed the first council in Canada. The RCGW is an affiliate of the International Reading Association which is made up of 90,000 literacy educators worldwide.
The award is created to support tuition and material costs. All applications will be given a fair and careful review by a standing committee.
- A short personal statement of educational and career goals
- A short paper detailing you vision for and commitment to literacy education in Manitoba for children and youth(approx. 500 words)
- A short resume
- A letter of reference from a teacher or professor
- Proof of continuing university studies (enrolment), standing, and expected graduation date.
Deadline: All applications should be received by March 1, 2013.
Submit completed applications to:
RCGW Scholarship Committee
c/o Committee Chair,
37 Elm Park Road,
Note: Successful recipients will be notified by March 15, 2013.