Power at your fingertips
Portable chargers available at Dafoe Library
Is your phone or laptop battery running low? Unable to find a power outlet to plug in your charger? No problem. UM Libraries has you covered.
Students may borrow a portable charger from the Elizabeth Dafoe Library kiosk to charge their devices for up to 4 hours. All you need to bring is your own cable or cord.
About the portable chargers
- Powers cell phones, tablets, and laptops
- Charges up to 3 devices at once
- Provides standard 110-volt power, USB, and wireless charging for Qi-enabled phones
Borrow one today
Portable chargers can be borrowed from the self-serve kiosk in the Elizabeth Dafoe Library in four easy steps:
- Tap the screen to borrow.
- Read and agree to the terms.
- Swipe your UM student ID card.
- Remove the charger that pops out.
Chargers are available for four hours per loan. Overdue fines will be applied to a student’s account if the charger is not returned within the four-hour period or by the library’s closing time, whichever comes first.
Returning the charger
Returning the portable charger is even easier – only one step.
- Insert the portable charger into any vacant slot, pushing it in until you hear a click. (No need to swipe your student card!)
UM Libraries is committed to supporting students and researchers all along their academic career. The charger kiosk is one of several supports UM Libraries provides, along with laptop lending and pickup lockers.
Try a charger today.