October is Disability Awareness Month!
Attend the panel discussion “Addressing Ableism in the Academy” on Oct. 20
The UM Community of Practice for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) will present a panel discussion called “Addressing Ableism in the Academy” on Oct. 20 from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
Jackie Gruber, director, EDI-Rady Faculty of Health Sciences, Funmi Owoade, EDI coordinator (Rady), and Valerie Williams, EDI facilitator, EDI-Human Resources, invite you to join us for this important conversation.
This outstanding panel will share their expertise and thoughts on what needs to be done to create an inclusive university for all.
The panelists are:
- Dr. Wesley Crichlow, professor, Ontario Tech University
- Dr. Diane Driedger, assistant professor, interdisciplinary master’s program, Disability Studies, University of Manitoba
- Dr. Nancy Hansen, professor/director, interdisciplinary master’s program, Disability Studies, University of Manitoba
- Ms. Alicia-Ann Pauld, content creator, writer and student
- Dr. Reg Urbanowksi, dean, College of Rehabilitation Sciences, Rady Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Manitoba
Please email funmi [dot] owoade [at] umanitoba [dot] ca if you would like to join the EDI Community of Practice, or to register for this event. Please inform us if you require any accommodations to attend this session.
You may also be interested in continuing the conversation this fall on how to dismantle racism. This workshop is led by Valerie Williams, EDI facilitator, human resources.
It takes place on Thursday, Nov. 18 from 9 a.m. to noon.
To register, please visit: LODReg