Nominate a colleague for UM honours
Recognizing and celebrating the success of colleagues and other distinguished individuals are important parts of university life. There are several honours and awards awarded annually by the university which are administered through the Office of the University Secretary.
You are encouraged to make nominations for the following annual and bi-annual honours:
- Honorary Degrees (Deadlines: October 31 & March 31)
- Distinguished Service Award (Deadline: December 31)
- Peter D. Curry Chancellor’s Award (Deadline: October 31)
- Distinguished Professor (Deadline: Extended to October 31)
- Professor, Dean and Librarian Emeritus/Emerita (Deadline: March 31)
Nominations that reflect the full diversity of the University of Manitoba, and broader communities, are welcomed and encouraged.
More information, procedures, and nomination forms can be found on the Governance website
See a summary of awards, requirements, and deadlines (PDF)