New: Electronic distribution of T4 Slips
T4 slips for 2017 and any subsequent years will now be provided to all active employees through electronic access to U of M’s Employee Self Service (ESS) portal.
You will be able to view or print your T4 slips in a convenient manner similar to the way you currently access your pay statements through secure log-in to ESS, which has been operational for several years: https://jump.portal.umanitoba.ca/
The recently-announced federal budget for 2017-2018 included amendments to the Income Tax Act that now allows employers to use electronic distribution of T4 slips as their default method. Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) officially recognizes the electronic delivery as a valid means of providing tax slips to individuals.
It is important to note that:
- For all Active U of M employees, no paper copies will be printed. Only an email notification will be sent to each employee, informing them that their tax slip is available on ESS.
- Any Staff on Research/Study and Admin Leave (RSL) is considered an Active Employee.
- If you are an active U of M Employee and cannot access/print your T4 through the ESS, then you have the option to request for printed paper T4 slip. A request form is available on Payroll website.
- Please complete and submit the original request form to Payroll Services. All request forms must be received by 4:30pm (CST) on 7th February 2018. Any requests received after 7th February will not be processed until after the third week of March.
- All former employees or anyone on extended leave will receive their T4 slip in paper format.
- Anyone who has been on leave status for more than 20 days is considered to be on extended leave.
- For those individuals who will be receiving paper T4 slips, please note that paper slips will be distributed by the last working day of February. It is also important to ensure that your home address is up-to-date in our system. Address update can be made via ESS directly or by contacting HR help desk.
Information on the T-slips
Logged into JUMP but cannot access ESS
HR Help Desk
Cannot log into JUMP
IT Help Desk
Instructions on how to obtain T-slips on ESS