UM Today UM Today University of Manitoba UM Today UM Today UM Today

New: Electronic distribution of T4 Slips

November 20, 2017 — 

T4 slips for 2017 and any subsequent years will now be provided to all active employees through electronic access to U of M’s Employee Self Service (ESS) portal.

You will be able to view or print your T4 slips in a convenient manner similar to the way you currently access your pay statements through secure log-in to ESS, which has been operational for several years:

The recently-announced federal budget for 2017-2018 included amendments to the Income Tax Act that now allows employers to use electronic distribution of T4 slips as their default method. Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) officially recognizes the electronic delivery as a valid means of providing tax slips to individuals.

It is important to note that:

  • For all Active U of M employees, no paper copies will be printed. Only an email notification will be sent to each employee, informing them that their tax slip is available on ESS.
  • Any Staff on Research/Study and Admin Leave (RSL) is considered an Active Employee.
  • If you are an active U of M Employee and cannot access/print your T4 through the ESS, then you have the option to request for printed paper T4 slip. A request form is available on Payroll website.
  • Please complete and submit the original request form to Payroll Services. All request forms must be received by 4:30pm (CST) on 7th February 2018. Any requests received after 7th February will not be processed until after the third week of March.
  • All former employees or anyone on extended leave will receive their T4 slip in paper format.
  • Anyone who has been on leave status for more than 20 days is considered to be on extended leave.
  • For those individuals who will be receiving paper T4 slips, please note that paper slips will be distributed by the last working day of February. It is also important to ensure that your home address is up-to-date in our system. Address update can be made via ESS directly or by contacting HR help desk.

Additional information:
Information on the T-slips
Payroll Services
(204) 474-6632

Logged into JUMP but cannot access ESS
HR Help Desk
(204) 474-9400

Cannot log into JUMP
IT Help Desk
(204) 474-8600

Instructions on how to obtain T-slips on ESS
Payroll Services
(204) 474-6632

, ,

2 comments on “New: Electronic distribution of T4 Slips

  1. Jin Hee Kim

    I have quited my work in UofM medicine school lab on Oct 15th 2017.
    I was wondering how to get a T4 form.
    My JUMP accessed ID was closed and I have retured my employee card so I don’t know the employee number.
    Please let me know how to get it for tax return.
    Thank you

Comments have been closed.

© University of Manitoba • Winnipeg, Manitoba • Canada • R3T 2N2

Emergency: 204-474-9341