MSpace upgrade coming this June
Learn more about the improvements on July 11
UM Libraries will perform a major upgrade of MSpace between June 14 – 16, 2023. MSpace is the University’s institutional repository that enables open archiving and discovery of articles, books, theses and practica and other scholarly publications. It is used to manage, preserve, and make the academic works of the UM community available to the world.
This upgrade will provide a better user experience by:
- Enhancing the look and feel of the web interface
- Streamlining submission forms
- Allowing data reuse and integrations with Full-featured REST API
Reduced access during the upgrade
MSpace will be unavailable on June 14 and may be intermittently available on June 15 and 16 as the upgrade is in progress. Users will be unable to begin or submit a deposit in MSpace beginning June 12. Depositing activity is expected to resume on June 15. A banner will be displayed on MSpace informing users of this migration and disruption.
Join us online for the Thesis Deposit Help session on July 11 at 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. Participants will learn about:
- Depositing thesis through the new MSpace environment
- Descriptive information requirements for the MSpace (University of Manitoba’s Institutional Repository) submission
- Planning for publication after thesis deposit (i.e., embargo-related issues)
- Copyright concerns
- Deposit considerations for supplementary files (UM Dataverse versus MSpace)