Pop-up clinic to offer Monkeypox vaccine at UM
Fort Garry campus will host clinic Sep. 6 for students, faculty, staff
Manitoba Public Health will set up a pop-up clinic for eligible students, faculty and staff to receive the Monkeypox vaccine on Fort Garry campus.
The clinic will be located at 325 Education Building, and operate from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on September 6.
Due to a limited vaccine supply at this time individuals will be given a single dose of the vaccine for pre-exposure prophylaxis.
Eligible individuals must book an appointment at the link below:
The following individuals are currently eligible for the Monkeypox vaccine:
- cisgender, transgender or two-spirit people who self-identify as belonging to the gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men (gbMSM) community and who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- have received a diagnosis of a sexually transmitted infection in the past six months;
- have had two or more sexual partners in the last 90 days;
- have attended locations for sexual contact (e.g. bath houses or sex clubs) or are planning to;
- have had anonymous sex in the past 90 days (i.e. using apps, online sites, formal/informal gatherings) or are planning to;
- engaged in sex work or plan to, as a worker or client; or
- any sexual contacts of the individuals described above.