Microsoft OneDrive: New file request feature
Students and colleagues can now use a link to upload files to a folder in your OneDrive
With the new file request feature in OneDrive, you can choose a folder where others can upload files using a link that you send them. People you request files from can only upload files. They can’t see the contents of the folder, edit, delete or download files. They can’t even see who else has uploaded files.
With a file request:
- Anyone with the file request link can send you a file; they don’t need to have OneDrive.
- All the files sent to you are saved in a single folder that you choose.
- Every file will have a prefix to help you identify who uploaded it.
- If two files with the same name are uploaded, OneDrive will automatically add a number to the name of the second file.
- People who respond to your request can only upload files. They can’t view or edit the contents of your OneDrive.
New to OneDrive? Start with Build your skills with Microsoft OneDrive . Learn more with UM’s self-paced learning modules in Microsoft 365 learning pathways (log in with your UM email address and password).