Manitoba Marathon: Campus Road Closures
Annual Manitoba Marathon being held Sunday, June 21st, 2015
The annual Manitoba Marathon is being held Sunday, June 21st, 2015.
To accommodate the Super Run as well as the regular half and full marathon routes, you should take note of the following campus access route closures:
• 5:00 am University Crescent closed to vehicle traffic from Pembina Highway to Dafoe Road. The crescent will re-open around 2:00 pm.
• 5:00 am Chancellor Matheson closed to vehicle traffic (except buses). It will re-open at approximately noon.
• 5:00 am vehicle access to the campus at all intersections along Freedman Cr and Dafoe Rd (including King’s Drive) will be closed and will re-open at 9:00 am to accommodate the Super Run.
• Volunteer traffic marshals will be stationed at all campus intersections to control traffic before, during and shortly after the Super Run ends.
• Emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
• Campus Security, City of Winnipeg Police and Emergency Services will be on site.
• If residence students and staff need to leave the campus during these times, please move vehicles from residence parking lots to a remote location where you will be able to leave the campus easily.
For more information about the event you can visit www.manitobamarathon.mb.ca. For U of M Parking Services, click here.