Info Days draw high school students from across province
Info Days is the University of Manitoba’s annual open house for high school students. This year the event was held on February 19 and 20, with similar activities offered on each day. Students attended presentations and tours at scheduled times throughout the day, used university athletic facilities for free and met one-on-one with staff and students in the Information Village.
In addition to the nimiety of informational booths, this year faculty members also presented mini-lectures to give visitors a taste of what university courses would be like.
Here’s a sampling of Info Days activities, booths and presentations (see more here):
- Becoming a University Student
- Faculty of Arts Mini-Lecture: Psychology – “Do You Really Know Who You Are Dating?”
- Agricultural & Food Sciences: Info Session
- The College Taste Test
- The Science Circus
- Faculty of Arts: Tour the World
- Asper School of Business: Connections for Life
- Dentistry: Info Session
- Campus Tour
- Music: 2014 – (U)Manitoba’s Year of Music
- Nursing: What Do Nurses Do?
- Occupational Therapy: Skills for the Job of Living
- Recreation Facilities Tour
- Earth: A User’s Guide
- University 1: Your First Year at the U of M
- Teachers of the Future: Science, Math and Technology
- School of Art: Open House Art Exhibition & Portfolio Workshop
- Residence Tour