Feel confident using your electronic classroom this Winter
IST hosting demonstrations on installed classroom and portable audiovisual equipment
Want to take the stress out of the first day of teaching and feel confident using your electronic classroom? We can help!
Winter readiness checklist
- Check for your assigned classroom in Aurora or with your department contact to confirm your class location
- Visit your assigned classroom(s) to confirm the configuration
- Attend a demonstration of the installed classroom and portable audiovisual equipment
- Group demonstrations (see schedule below).
- Schedule a One-on-One demonstration for unique teaching spaces
- Reserve the space through AdAstra then book a demo through the IST Service Desk.
- Check your tech:
Demonstrations of classroom and portable AV equipment
IST Audiovisual Support is hosting drop-in demonstrations of the university’s installed classroom and portable audiovisual equipment on the following days:
|Date||10:00am to 12:00pm||1:00pm to 3:00pm|
|Wed, Jan 4||Armes 204 – Extron Touch Panel||St John’s 118 – Extron System 8|
|Thurs, Jan 5||St John’s 172 – Crestron Touch Panel||Tier 306 – MLC Control Panel|
|Fri, Jan 6||St John’s 125 – Bring your own device||Tier 401 – Portable Equipment|
Our sessions will demonstrate:
- The features of the room that are available to instructors
- Basic troubleshooting procedures
- How the following room configurations and technologies work:
- Extron Touch Panel – Examples: Tier 301, Armes 205
- Creston Touch Panel – Examples: University College 240, EITC 3 207, Robert Schultz 172
- MLC Control Panel – Examples: Tier 206, University College 237
- Extron System 8 – Examples: Drake 107, St John’s 118
- Portable Equipment – Technology includes Data projector, document viewer, and how to connect your device to the technology
- Bring Your Own Device – Focused primarily on laptops, MacBook’s, iPad, and connecting your device to the control panel and display
- We encourage you to attend a demonstration of the equipment you will use to be fully prepared as we are not resourced to start every class (confidence start).
- Blended/hybrid teaching where there is a combination of students both in class and remote is currently not supported at the University of Manitoba. Should you wish to discuss this topic further please contact Mark Torchia, Vice Provost (Teaching and Learning).
- Audiovisual Support will respond to any urgent in-class issues that you may encounter. Contact the IST Service Desk at 204-474-8600 and we will strive to respond in person within 10 minutes.
If you have any questions or need assistance being prepared for winter classes, please contact the IST Service Desk at: 2040-474-8600 or check online at https://umanitoba.ca/computing/ist/help/index.html.