Feel confident using your electronic classroom this Fall
IST hosting demonstrations on installed classroom and portable audiovisual equipment
Want to take the stress out of the first day of teaching and feel confident using your electronic classroom? We can help!
Fall readiness checklist!
- Check for your assigned classroom in Aurora or with your department contact to confirm your class location.
- Visit your assigned classroom(s) to confirm the configuration.
- Attend a demonstration of the installed classroom and portable audiovisual equipment:
- Group demonstrations (see schedule below).
- Schedule a One-on-One demonstration for unique teaching spaces.
- Reserve the space through AdAstra, then book a demo through the IST Service Desk.
- Check your tech:
Demonstrations of classroom and portable AV equipment
IST Audio-Visual is hosting drop-in demonstrations of the university’s installed classroom and portable audiovisual equipment on the following days:
|Date||10:00 am to 12:00 pm||1:00 pm to 3:00 pm|
|Mon, Aug 21||Tier 401 – Portable Cart||Tier 401 – Portable Cart|
|Tues, Aug 22||Tier 313 – Digital Control Style||Tier 313 – Digital Control Style|
|Wed, Aug 23||Tier 408 – Analog Control Style||Tier 408 – Analog Control Style|
|Thurs, Aug 24||St John’s 125 – Bring your own device||St John’s 125 – Bring your own device|
|Mon, Aug 28||Tier 408 – Analog Control Style||Tier 408 – Analog Control Style|
|Tues, Aug 29||St John’s 125 – Bring your own device||St John’s 125 – Bring your own device|
|Wed, Aug 30||Tier 313 – Digital Control Style||Tier 313 – Digital Control Style|
|Thurs, Aug 31||Tier 401 – Portable Cart||Tier 401 – Portable Cart|
Our sessions will demonstrate:
- The features of the room that are available to instructors.
- Basic troubleshooting procedures
- How the following room configurations and technologies work:
- Digital Control Style – Examples: Tier 301, Armes 205
- Analog Control Style – Examples: Tier 206, University College 237
- Portable Equipment – Data projector, document viewer, and how to connect your device to the technology.
- Bring Your Own Device – Focused primarily on laptops, MacBooks, and iPads, and connecting your device to the control panel and display.
- We encourage you to attend a demonstration of the equipment you will use to be fully prepared, as we are not resourced to start every class (confidence start).
- Audio Visual Classroom support will respond to any urgent in-class issues that you may encounter. Contact the IST Service Desk at 204-474-8600, and we will strive to respond in person within 10 minutes.
If you have any questions or need assistance being prepared for Fall classes, please contact the IST Service Desk at 2040-474-8600 or check online at https://umanitoba.ca/information-services-technology/.