ESRI Canada provides student GIS scholarship
Opportunity to recognize work being done using GIS technologies at UM
ESRI Canada has awarded UM with a student GIS scholarship to recognize the work being done using GIS technologies at our institution. The competition is open to UM students in any faculty using ESRI technology to visualize their work.
At the University of Manitoba our criteria are:
- Eligibility: Graduate or undergraduate capstone/thesis students in any faculty
- Application Requirements: Personal statement, summary and sample of work completed using ESRI technology saved as a .pdf
- Deadline: April 15, 2021 for package submission to umlgis [at] umanitoba [dot] ca
After the April 15th deadline, a multidisciplinary committee will review submission packages. If you are the successful candidate, you will need to submit a poster and a short report to ESRI Canada in order to receive the award. You are encouraged to submit the report as an ArcGIS StoryMap (but this is not critical).
ESRI also provides links to previous successful scholarship applicant profiles where you can see sample projects.
The award includes (but is not limited to):
- A one-time payment of $900
- A three-year term license of ESRI’s ArcGIS Pro software for education and research use
- A three-year Professional-level subscription to the ArcGIS Developer Program (ADP)
- Two ESRI Canada instructor-led training courses (these can cost upwards of $1000 apiece)
- Registration for one of ESRI Canada’s User Conferences